Our Club was formed in 1981 and has built up a strong membership with many members having been with us from the start. Many new members have joined us in the last two years and the club is now a thriving mixture of male and female runners with varied experiences and aspirations from a range of different backgrounds.
We all share a passion for running be it for the fitness or cameradie aspect. We are serious but always have fun, whether it be a gruelling hill rep session, or drinks in the club bar afterwards.
Our home is Hazelwood Sports Club in Winchmore Hill, Enfield, where we meet twice weekly and sometimes for social events. We run in groups on the streets and trails in the surrounding area, following a number of well established routes, which vary throughout the year. On the weekends we venture further afield, either running around Whitewebbs Park, and trails north of London, or at various races and events.
Club members participate in many different types of events such as the following:
– Local races such as the Mayor’s Fun Run and the Trent Park Triffic Trail.
– The London Marathon and other major marathons and half marathons nationally and internationally.
– Inter club leagues and competitions (e.g. Cross Country and Midweek Road Race).
– Races ‘with a difference’ such as the Grim 8, Survival of the Fittest and the notorious Tough Guy.
– Multi-discipline events such as triathlons and duathlons.
The club also makes a significant contribution to the local running community, organising a well supported annual Autumn 10k race in October.
Edmonton Running Club are also involved with The London Marathon, Bupa 10k, Adidas Women’s 5k, Silverstone half marathon and the Standard Chartered City Race where we take on baggage handling and water station duties. More locally, we supply course marshals for the Lee Valley 10k and Edmonton Rotary 10k.
Whatever your running interests and aspirations, you are likely to meet like minded runners at Edmonton Running Club.