Race Chat

This area of our site is reserved for discussion (members only) on anything to do with upcoming races. Please remember to be polite and courteous with your comments.

To start a new topic of conversation click here.

1. Ilia says:

400th Grovelands Parkrun on Mar-24

Hi all

Below is the message from Grovelands Parkrun director Elaine:

The Grovelands parkrun will be celebrating their 400th parkrun on Saturday 24th March at 9:00am. We would like to invite all your runners and wondered if you could let them know about our event ?? To mark the occasion we will be having a fancy dress run with prizes and a few surprises for all those taking part.

I hope to hear from you.
    Elaine Pitter
    Event Director – Grovelands parkrun”

As this is our local parkrun and considering that we got some of our current members through it I thought this would be a good event to attend. Wearing ERC club kit. Unless you opt for a fancy dress of course:)

2. Ilia says:

Grovelands Parkrun on 03-Mar cancelled

3. Miranda Padley says:

Have been in touch with Hampton Court HM 18th march and they’re happy to change names on my registration. If any of you have been wanting to run this one and missed the chance, please get in touch £30 🏃🏽‍♀️ (retail £37) (sadly have had to pull out of all my races due to injury!)

4. Ilia says:

Triffic Trail 2018

Just a quick reminder that this year Triffic Trail is scheduled for Jun-24 and the registration is already open:

For those of you who have not done it before. This is a 10k trail race through Trent Park organised by Trent Park RC. Normally there is a big ERC contingent there. Considering that it’s a well-organised local race there is really no reason not to take part. The “trail” component of it is pretty mild – no deep mud or jumping between the boulders.

Also – Triffic Trail is one of ERC core races with the results carrying maximum weight in the club championship.

Finally – there is a junior 4.5k race before the main event.

5. Nicola Lawley says:

Hi everyone

I have a place in the Brighton half marathon this Sunday (25th February) and sadly can’t run as still hopping about after hurting my ankle last week.

The trains aren’t running this weekend so if that’s not an issue and you fancy some sea air let me know (nicolalawley@hotmail.com)

Nic x

6. Nazareno Feito says:

Sounds good; I have signed up for that one as well a few months ago. Good to know I will not be the only ERC joining the race.

7. Lorraine says:

I have entered the Run Fest at Lee Valley half marathon. Its on Sunday 25th March, starting and finishing at the rafting centre. Flat route around the park. 4 weeks till Manchester and 6 weeks till London. A good training event.

• Marc Bibaud says:

Hadn’t noticed that one before and I’ve now committed to Colchester that weekend but I’ll look forward to your feedback as I think that I’ll be considering it next year..